10 October 2007

The Buildup Is On

After being out of commission Monday with a 1 day cold (that's happened 3 times in the last 6 months now) it was nice to get out and ride again.

I hopped on the non-commuter road bike for the first time in a while. Wow, that's a fast bike, even with me running Andie's heavier wheels right now. Just an hour spin around Bear Creek Lake Park, just me and the cyclocross guys out there.

One of my teammates recently reminded us to "keep training in case we get into nationals.", like I would stop anyways. If I'm not training for AR, it's something else; right now it's a two-headed monster, the Las Vegas Half-Marathon and 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo, which actually combine to be pretty nice AR training.

The LV half is one of the best HM courses I've seen, this should just plain be fun, maybe I should do it as one of the Running Elvi.

24 HOP I will be doing solo, this will be the A race for me and I'm sure I will have a lot of fun prepping for it. Hopefully this year will be more winter riding and less indoor trainer riding. though Andie found me a super sweet Kurt Kinetic Road Machine at the REI garage sale while I was out racing in Missouri.

An interesting thing about the 24 HOP is the running LeMans style start. A lot of 24 hour races start this way to thin out the crowd, I wonder if I can get the hole shot for the run. Time to do a few strides in my biking shoes.

No comments: