19 November 2007

New Member in the Family


Some people buy a snowblower after the 4 weeks of blizzards we had last year, I bought the Surly Pugsley. I've been eying it for about 18 months now, and this weekend I found a deal that I deemed good enough. Alpha Bicycle Company was having an end of the season sale so I went to check it out. I knew they had a few Pugsleys (very rare for a shop to carry them) and I told myself that if they had my size and it was a certain price I would do it (new they run about $2200 built up).

100mm wide Bottom bracket to clear the 4 inch tires, oof!

I test rode the Puglsey around the lot and it fit well, it even had grip shift, what I had wanted to try out on a snow bike and possibly for a winter commuter. I asked him how much it was going for and they hit my "buy it" price right on the head. I got them to throw in a shimano freewheel for the front tire and I was out the door.

I really like that shop and was tempted by some good deals on Mary bars and Fleegle bars (to try out), but didn;t pull the trigger. They really have a lot more of the niche stuff in biking, 29ers, Pugsleys, non-standard bars, a sweet geared Spot, Danger Boy levers and much more.


Standard bike pose, for you Cody.
I can't wait for it to snow!

No comments: