11 January 2008

Wind, the Evil Element

I have long disliked the wind, it never is a good thing for a tall skinny guy; I'm light and have a lot of surface area as well, basically it pushes me around and steals my lunch money.

Lately, if my long rides are snow free they are windy, today was no exception as it took me 3 hours on a normal 2 hr 10 min course and at times I was in the drops and only going 6 mph. It's all about attitude though and it doesn't bother me like it used to just because I embrace the adversity. I broke a spoke 4 miles from home so I finished up the loop and then went inside and did another 2 hours on the trainer to get my 5 hours. "Off Road to Athens" is a great dvd to cycle to, my cadence started out around 85 rpm and was up to 105 by the end of the ride, just inspiration from the movie I guess.

Another 5 hour ride in store for tomorrow.

Good Luck to Jenny, she's running the Walt Disney World Marathon this weekend, kick butt and eat some Girl Scout cookies afterwards.

No comments: