17 December 2007

More from the Snow Front

A quick weekend recap:
I went for a ride up Mt. Falcon on Saturday. I love this ride and it usually takes 30-44 minutes for the main climb (about 3 miles and 2000' of elevation) during the summer depending on how much I want it to hurt. This day with the Pugsley and some pretty difficult conditions it took me 90 minutes and was quite the butt kicker.Going up Castle Trail, the snow in the sun was nice


In the rock garden near the top. I know, what rock garden?

I'm finally in a picture with the Pugs on a trail!...sort of.
Sunday I went for a run with Jenny. Earlier in the week she said "Hey do you want to run my 20-miler with me?" and for some reason I thought it was a good idea. We ran on the Big Dry Creek trail and the first 5 miles had some pretty treacherous conditions. John was on the Pugsley in support mode and was having a hard time keeping up with us it was so bad. Needless to say, when we got to the 10 mile turn around I felt like I had already run 17 or 18 miles. So on the way back we took inventory and realized that both of us had sore knees, ankles, hips and I also had a sore right shoulder (what!?) so we called Andie and had her meet us at a bail out point. We still got in 16.5 miles and that took us as long as the 20 should have and left us a little more beat up. The pizza following the cold snowy pummeling was so incredibly delicious.
I wish I had taken pictures as we were quite the odd bunch with Jenny and I out running 20 miles in the snow and John on the snow tank.

No comments: