25 June 2008

Bike to work day 2008

Wadsworth approaching work. Nice fat shoulder.

So it was amateur day today, Colorado's Bike-to-Work Day. With almost everyday being a bike commute for me this was a day to see how many others were going to give it a go. Before today, I had only seen a maximum of three other bike commuters on my commute. Today I saw nine...wait for it...teen! And that was from 5-6 a.m.; way to go Colorado.
The start is always a little on the dark side, even in June

I took advantage of all the people riding to work and left the commuter bike at home and took the road bike. After work I rode High Grade and the City View Loop with minimal other cyclists, they were all just pedaling home. Brilliant move.
Eventually the sun comes up and is in my eyes for part of the ride.

I know most of the people today are just 1 day a year commuters, but there's hope that a few will stick with it or at least do it more than once a year.
A section I call The Yellow Brick Road

The pictures are from a typical commute, sans all the commuters this morning.
A look towards my destination, work's on the other side of that ridge.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering the fact that it could be more accurate in giving informations.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is nothing because your blog is not interesting to read.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is nothing because your blog is not interesting to read.

Anonymous said...

Damu pa kmu to?.. Nano ni klase blog man?

Anonymous said...

The owner of this blog has a strong personality because it reflects to the blog that he/she made.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.

Anonymous said...

Gomen kudasai.

Anonymous said...

Well done for this wonderful blog.